Am I a good candidate for this treatment? / Will this treatment work for me?
The ideal candidate is anyone who shows signs of skin damage, including deep wrinkles, scars, visible pores, stretch marks, and/or anything else that affects the skin’s texture. For safety reasons, you may not be able to get this treatment if you have/are:
- An Internal defibrillator/pacemaker or any other active electrical implant in the body
- Any active conditions in the treatment area (e.g. rash)
- History of skin disorders or very dry skin
- Current or history of cancer (including pre-malignant moles)
- Severe concurrent conditions (e.g. cardiac disorders)
- Pregnant or nursing
- An impaired immune system
- A history of disease around the treatment area that’s stimulated by heat (e.g. herpes)
- Poorly controlled endocrine disorders (e.g. diabetes)
- Taking blood thinners
- Had a facelift or eyelid surgery within the past 3 months
- Had any resurfacing treatments or chemical peels within the past 3 months
- Had any cosmetic injections within the past 2 weeks
- Consumed any Advil, Tylenol or other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs within the past week of your treatment
- Any surgeries within the past 6 months
- Treating over tattoos or permanent makeup
- Excessively tanned
Do I need to do anything to prepare for the treatment?
Make sure your skin is clean. Do not apply any lotions, creams, perfumes, powder, or makeup before your treatment session, and avoid tanning. Remove all jewelry around the area being treated. If you have excessive hair in the treatment area, shave it beforehand. It also helps to be prepared with information about your medical history.
What does the treatment feel like?
Venus Concept’s skin resurfacing treatments may be slightly uncomfortable, but not painful. You’ll feel intense heat, similar to the feeling of sunburn, and your face will look red right after the treatment. For more aggressive treatments, you may get a topical numbing cream to reduce any discomfort.
Most patients resume normal activities very shortly after a Venus Viva treatment. After the session, it is recommended to wait 12 hours before using any skin product and 24 hours before using a mineral make-up on the treated area. Sun exposure should be avoided for the first 48 hours after a treatment. Before and after treatments, an SPF of 30 should be used daily to protect treated areas.