Dermaplaning in Las Vegas
What Is Dermaplaning?
Dermaplaning is an anti-aging skincare treatment – without the use of chemicals. It is a highly effective manual exfoliation technique that removes surface debris with a sterile, surgical scalpel (dermaplaning blade). An aesthetician uses the scalpel while holding the skin taut, swiping the blade in gentle upward motions to gently “shave” the skin’s surface, removing the top-most layer of dead skin. The added bonus is the removal of the fine, vellus hair (aka peach fuzz), which makes the skin feel smoother. It does not cause trauma to the skin and can be performed every 3 to 4 weeks. There is typically no downtime for this procedure.
Dermaplaning vs. Microdermabrasion
Both facial treatments are good options when looking for exfoliation to reveal a smoother complexion.
- Dermaplaning uses a small razor to gently rid the skin of dead skin cells. The light strokes gently remove built-up cells and fine hairs that can trap oil and dirt. The end result is a refreshed glow free of Vellus hair (“peach-fuzz”).
- Microdermabrasion uses a machine that buffs and polishes the skin in order to remove dead skin cells. This procedure also results in a refreshed look. After a series of treatments; it can reduce the look of wrinkles and unclog pores.
You should consult your aesthetician to discuss the benefits that each procedure would have for your skin type.
Benefits of Dermaplaning
- Provides deeper product penetration,
- Removes soft facial hair that traps dirt and oils,
- Promotes smoother skin,
- Safe procedure for removing dead skin cells and “peach fuzz”,
- Reduces the appearance of acne scars,
- Diminishes the look of fine lines, and
- Works on all skin types.
How Long Does Dermaplaning Last?
The procedure removes up to 3 weeks of dead skin cells that have accumulated. The results can last up to 4 weeks.
How Often Should You Dermablade Your Face?
Once a month is recommended for the best results.